We are covering quite a different and specific topic today on the podcast, epilepsy in kids.
Although this may not be a common issue for most parents, my hope is that what we talk about today will be shared and passed onto those families needing this kind of information and advice.
Sonya Reynolds is a Nutritionist and Life Coach with over 15 years of experience in the natural health profession and in this episode, Sonya shares her personal journey with her daughter’s epilepsy and how she used complementary therapies and nutrition to help improve her symptoms.
Listen in as she discusses more info on:
- What epilepsy is, the most common types and its effect on the brain
- How nutrition plays a role in supporting kids with epilepsy and the benefits of diets that are gluten-free, allergen-free, as well as the effect of modified Atkins diet on seizures
- Common medications that are prescribed for epilepsy, how they work in the body, and some of the side effects
- Essential nutrients and supplementation of B vitamins, folate, zinc and magnesium to support kids with Epilepsy
- The importance of using probiotics, specifically lactobacillus rhamnosus LGG to support kids’ microbiomes and help with allergies and food intolerances
- How exercise and physiotherapy can help manage side effects from conventional epilepsy medication
- Exploring all options like medical Cannabis to support kids with epilepsy, finding the right people for support, and more!
If you or someone you know is dealing with Epilepsy make sure you reach out to Sonya or share this podcast with them. As Sonya said it’s important to not give up, to try alternatives, and most importantly, find someone that can support you AND accept support from others when offered.
This episode is proudly sponsored by my membership, the Natural Super Kids Klub. If you would like to become a member of the Klub to get more helpful resources to help you raise a happy and healthy family click here and pop your name on the waitlist.
If you loved this episode, leave me a review! I would super appreciate it. Also, let me know your biggest takeaway from this episode by sending me a direct message on Instagram @naturalsuperkids or shoot me an email at email@example.com.
- Find out more about Sonya here