Healthy Chicken Recipe – Piri Piri Chicken with quinoa tabouli by Melissa Tout
Melissa Tout is a personal trainer and Nutritional Medicine student who loves to create simple, whole food recipes in the kitchen and share my creations and other ramblings on health and wellness with the world! Get to know Melissa and find more of her Delicious Recipes over at her Live love simply website
This recipe is a favourite in my house for dinner! It’s quick, simple and easily adaptable for children (just take out the chilli!) This recipe is gluten and grain free. Therefore great with any families with intolerances to gluten and wheat!
1-2 Teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 Teaspoons paprika powder
2 Teaspoons cumin powder
1 Teaspoon grated ginger
1 Teaspoon rock salt
2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
4 chicken thighs
- 1/4 Cup cooked quinoa
1 tomato, diced
1/2 lebanese cucumber, diced
2 Tablespoons beetroot, diced
Handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Juice of half lemon
1 Tablespoon olive oil
pinch salt to season
- Add all the piri piri herbs and spices in a bowl along with the olive oil, lemon and salt and mix Thoroughly to form a paste.
- Brush the paste of the chicken in a thick layer.Leave to stand in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight if possible.
- Leave to stand in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight if possible.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.Sear the chicken for around 3 minutes on each side in a skillet or frying pan, then place the chicken into the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sear the chicken for around 3 minutes on each side in a skillet or frying pan, then place the chicken into the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through.Combine all the Tabouli ingredients (from quinoa down)
- Combine all the Tabouli ingredients (from quinoa down) into a bowl and drizzle with the lemon, oil and season with the salt.
- Serve and Enjoy!