- 500g kangaroo mince (if kangaroo isn’t available to you, you can use beef or lamb)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced finely
- 3 carrots, chopped finely
- 6 sticks celery, sliced finely
- 3 zucchini, chopped finely
- 1/2 bunch kale, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons each of ground paprika, cumin and coriander
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 jar tomato passata (700ml), read why I use bottled tomatoes instead of tinned tomatoes here
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups brown rice
- Heat a large pan and sautee onions, celery and carrots.
- Add mince and brown.
- Add zucchini and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add garlic, spices, tomato paste and kale.
- Cook until fragrant then add the tomato passata.
- Simmer over low to medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans.
- Top with chilli flakes (I add these when serving as my kids don’t like spice!), yoghurt and fresh coriander (all optional)
- Serve with brown rice.